Utilities Commission of the Northern Territory
Associate Utilities Commissioner
POSITION VACANT: PART-TIME, FIXED TERM TO 2021
The Utilities Commissioner seeks a highly experienced senior executive/director to support the Commissioner in the delivery of regulatory, licensing and advisory functions relating to electricity, water and sewerage and ports in the Northern Territory including price and access regulation, compliance and performance monitoring, complaint handling and public reporting. It is envisaged that the appointee may ultimately progress to the role of Commissioner.
The Associate Commissioner is a part-time position requiring a commitment, on average, of one day per week. The role can be based anywhere, but travel to the Territory will be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will be a recognised and respected leader accustomed to working in complex and challenging environments who has:
- knowledge of, or experience in, the fields of industry, economics, commerce, law, public administration or other areas relevant to the work of the Commission
- a strong record of achievement and experience in leadership roles
- demonstrated sound judgement, personal integrity and accountability
- excellent stakeholder relationship skills including the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse network of participants
- broad expertise in developing and managing regulatory frameworks in politically and socially sensitive environments.
Further information can be obtained from the Utilities Commission website (http://www.utilicom.nt.gov.au) or by contacting the Utilities Commissioner, Dr Patrick Walsh via email at Patrick.Walsh@nt.gov.au.
Applications to be submitted via email to HumanResources.DTF@nt.gov.au by 5.00 pm (ACST) on Thursday 30 November 2017.