Benefits of membership include:
- Membership of Australia’s largest professional economics association
- Free access to lunchtime seminars (held monthly) on topical economic and public policy issues
- Early notice of society events and seminars
- Access to professional colleagues in the corporate, public, academic and student domains
- Receipt of a monthly newsletter, advertising forthcoming events such as the monthly lunchtime seminars, major functions, the annual Economic Society Conference etc
- Discounts to all Branch and national Society events
- Tax deductibility of your membership contribution (in most cases)
- Access to our Publications
Members of the Society may elect to receive four copies of the Economic Record and/or four copies of Economic Papers each year.
The Economic Record is Australia’s leading academic economics research journal, whilst the Economic Papers provides more general articles on topical policy, economic and business issues.
Receipt of the monthly newsletter is also included as part of your membership.
The Society welcomes young economists, being keen to foster academic pursuits and the future of its own membership. In this regard, young economists have special events and are offered discounted membership.
Special membership rates are available to economists under the age of 40 or in their first 10 years of their career. Apart from participating in the entire range of Society activities and receiving its newsletter, membership also enables ‘young economists’ attend special events, tap into employment prospects and discuss real economic issues complementing their formal academic studies.