Honorary Fellow Award
The Economic Society of Australia established the Honorary Fellow Award in 2005.
This award is to honour members of the Society for their significant and substantial contribution to the Society.
The eligibility criterion is ‘contribution to the Economic Society of Australia in relation to its stipulated goals’.
Nominations for this prestigious award can be made by any member of the Central Council of the Economic Society of Australia. These can be sent to the Economic Society at email@example.com.
Announcement and Presentation
The Award is to be announced and presented at the next Australian Conference of Economists, whenever possible.
The recipients of the 2020 Honorary Fellow Award are Tom Chan and Buly Cardak. Click here to read their citation.
- 2019 - Dr Matthew Butlin
- 2018 - none awarded
- 2017 Danielle Wood
- 2016 - none awarded
- 2015 Professor Jeffrey Sheen
- 2014 - none awarded
- 2013 Professor John Freebairn AO
- 2012 Andrew Hughes
- 2011 Professor Paul Miller
- 2010 Professor Neville Norman
- 2009 John Macleod
- 2008 Professors Russell Smyth and Phil Lewis
- 2007 Professors Harry Bloch and Keith Hancock
- 2006 Professor Peter Abelson