My research interests includes innovation, sustainability, climate change, inequality, economic modelling, foreign trade, health, education, and political economy. I contributed to six major projects while at the University of Queensland (UQ).
(1) Principal researcher and lead author on the project 'China’s new low-carbon policies and implications for Australia' funded by the Australia-China Council (ACC) and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
(2) Lead author for an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage project investigating the impact of increased power supply from wind generators on the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM) that is a collaborative project between UQ and industry partners.
(3) Lead author for EEMG on a collaborative project between the UQ and RATCH-Australia Corporation partially funded by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) to establish the feasibility of a hybrid solar thermal and gas generator at Collinsville, Queensland.
(4) Lead author for the report and project titled 'Analysis of institutional adaptability to redress electricity infrastructure vulnerability due to climate change' for the National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility.
(5) Co-authoring three publications on the Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage project 'The impacts of carbon trading on the Australian electricity industry'.
(6) Co-authoring the 'Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation' (CSIRO) Intelligent Grid Research Cluster project 'Market and economic modelling of the impacts of distributed energy' culminating in a report of the same name.
I received my PhD from UQ titled "Adaptive interactive expectations: dynamically modelling profit expectations" and master from Griffith University titled "An evaluation of policies to reduce fiscal pressure induced by population ageing in Australia". I have also worked at the Queensland Government on climate change policy, economic research and modelling.
Areas of ExpertiseMedia - Energy, environment, climate change & renewables
Conferences & Public Speaking - Energy, environment, climate change & renewables