ESA National Economic Panel Polls
X NEP Panellists
In late 2015 the Economic Society of Australia established the National Economic Panel (NEP) and developed an expert polling platform to help further the Society’s objectives:
- to encourage the study of economics
- to investigate local and general economic problems, and
- to promote the understanding of the economics discipline and the standing of the profession in the Australian community.
The NEP expert polling platform was designed by the ESA to:
- crowdsource expert opinions from the NEP
- gauge their levels of consensus and confidence on specific propositions, and
- deliver the insights to the public in an accessible, timely, consistent, transparent and engaging way.
Since November 2015, monthly polls of the NEP have been published in partnership with the Monash Business School on the ESA-Monash Forum website covering a wide spectrum of topics and policy ideas from penalty rates reform, to the US election, to economics teaching.
Members of the NEP are nominated by each branch of the ESA and selected by ESA President, Matthew Butlin in consultation with the ESA Central Council.
We welcome ideas for future poll questions for the NEP. Please submit your ideas through this form.
We would like to thank and acknowledge the contribution of our Past Panellists - view here.
| Buly Cardak,
(ESA NEP polling platform, ESA-Monash forum)