IN PERSON 5th Annual Australian Gender Economics Workshop (AGEW 2022)
From: Thursday February 10, 2022, 12:00 am
To: Friday February 11, 2022, 12:00 am
2022 AUSTRALIAN GENDER ECONOMICS WORKSHOP: IN - PERSON REGISTRATION
From: Thursday, February 10, 2022, 8:00 am
To: Friday, February 11, 2022, 6:00 pm
We are delighted to announce that registration for the 2022 Australian Gender Economics Workshop is now open.
- Registration closes for attendees participating in-person at the workshop AND attending the workshop dinner on 19 January 2022 (or until capacity is reached).
- Registration closes for attendees participating in-person at the workshop ONLY (and NOT the dinner) on 3 February 2022 (or until capacity is reached).
The workshop will be held in a hybrid format, both virtually and in-person, in Canberra, at the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University, during Australian Eastern Daylight Time (Sydney/Melb/Canberra) from Thursday the 10th to Friday 11th February 2022.
This registration page applies to those individuals interested in participating in the workshop in-person, in Canberra. Individuals interested in attending the workshop virtually, should register here.
Over the last five years our annual workshop has built and widened a professional, supportive and collegiate community. A community that has a shared goal of a deeper understanding of not only what drives gender inequality in our society and economy, but what works to reduce inequalities that exist and persist today.
Here are some of the highlights for this year’s AGEW 2022:
- Two distinguished keynote speakers – Professor Guyonne Kalb from the University of Melbourne and Professor Núria Rodríguez-Planas, City University of New York, Queens College.
- A presentation on, “Lifting diversity and inclusion in economics: How the Australian Women in Economics Network (WEN) put the evidence into action” by Rebecca Cassells (co-authored with: Leonora Risse, Danielle Wood, and Duygu Yengin) at the workshop dinner hosted by the Monster Salon at the Ovolo Nishi.
- With an election looming, our policy symposium will be focused on the COVID-normal recovery: “What policies are needed to ensure a gender equitable COVID-normal economy?”
- A 3-hour virtual course on, Women’s labour market, institutions and social norms, on 9 February 2022 from 9AM – 12PM. Registrations for the course is separate from the workshop and can be completed here.
The final program will be made available in January 2022 on the workshop’s website and via Oxford Abstracts for registered participants.
We look forward to welcoming you all in Canberra and virtually, further expanding our community of researchers.
Finally, we also would like to thank our generous gold tier sponsors for their contributions to the Australian Gender Economics Workshop and this associated course: ANZ, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, the Parliamentary Budget Office, the Productivity Commission, the Economic Society of Australia – ACT, the Tax and Transfer Policy Institute, and the Women in Economics Network.
WEN/ESA members: AUD 200
Non-members: AUD 250
Students: AUD 160 (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (with proof of your student status) to request a code).
The fees include the workshop dinner at the Monster Salon, Ovolo Nishi on Thursday 10 February 2022, and catering for the duration of the workshop. Please indicate whether you will attend the dinner, as well as any dietary restrictions as part of the registration.
To register please book via the link below. Members are required to login prior to registering in order to obtain the member rate.
Crawford School of Public Policy
ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
J. G. Crawford Building
132 Lennox Crossing
Acton ACT 2601 Australia
Bookings are now closed
VenueCrawford School of Public Policy, ANU, JG Crawford Building
132 Lennox Crossing, Acton ACT 2601