Revenue Summit 2022
From: Thursday October 6, 2022, 9:00 am
To: Thursday October 6, 2022, 5:00 pm
The Australia Institute invites you to the Revenue Summit 2022.
A bigger role for government requires more tax to carve out space in the economy. After decades of focusing on spending cuts, efficiency dividends and budget emergencies it is time to confront the fact that many of Australia’s problems flow directly from the choice to be one of the lowest taxed countries in the developed world.
We need a tax system that is fit for purpose, that raises revenue in a more efficient and equitable way.
The Revenue Summit 2022 is for academics, public servants, political staffers, students, policy makers and anyone interested in meeting Australia's future challenges.
- Rod Sims AO | Professor, Crawford School of Public Policy ANU and Former Chair of the ACCC
Speakers also include:
- ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr
- Sally McManus | Secretary, Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Professor Miranda Stewart | Professor of Law, University of Melbourne Law School
- Dr Richard Denniss | Executive Director, the Australia Institute.
And panel discussions including:
- Senator Barbara Pocock AM, Greens spokesperson for Finance, Employment & the Public Sector; and Independent MPs Zoe Daniel MP, Dai Le MP and Allegra Spender MP.
- Annie Butler, Australian Nursing & Midwifery Federation; Toby O’Connor, National Council CEO, St Vincent de Paul Society; Tim Washington, CEO Jetcharge; Assoc Prof Elizabeth Hill, University of Sydney; Deputy Director, Gender Equality in Working Life Research Initiative.
- Professor Andrew Scott, Deakin University & Convenor, Nordic Policy Centre; Assoc Prof Janine Dixon, Centre of Policy Studies, Victoria University; Assoc Prof Ben Phillips, Centre for Social Research and Methods, Australian National University; Assoc Professor Shumi Akhtar, University of Sydney Business School
If we are to meet the current and future needs of the community, we need a sustainable revenue base.
If you have any questions about the summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
VenueAustralian Parliament House
Parliament Drive, Canberra ACT 2600