Senior Policy Officers and Principal Policy Officers
Are you interested in contributing to better environmental outcomes for WA through the delivery of a NEW whole-of-government Native Vegetation Policy, the first of its kind in the State?
Department of Water and Environmental Regulation are looking for people who are strategic policy thinkers with excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills and a ‘can do’ attitude to help shape practical reforms for efficiency, clarity and transparency for all stakeholders – along with better native vegetation outcomes for WA.
DWER is looking to create a pool of suitable applicants to fill immediate and future vacancies for Senior and Principal Policy Officers within the Native Vegetation Strategy branch. We have multiple vacancies to work on this exciting NEW program of work, which includes permanent opportunities and fixed term which may be extended or made permanent.
This includes work on:
- native vegetation net gain and offsets (involving environmental economics, natural capital accounting)
- the policy framework and priorities for regional planning
These roles will be part of a broader team – for more opportunities, click here
To be successful in our team, you will need to have:
- Project and/or program management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to manage diverse stakeholders and influence without formal power in an inter-organisational setting.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply these to ensure high quality advice, policy-making or project delivery.
- A sense of humour, and ability to respond to uncertainty as an opportunity.
We are looking for policy specialists who will:
- scope, steer and lead impactful strategic policy reform projects and initiatives
- analyse complex problems and translate strategic direction into practical action and tangible outputs
- inspire colleagues and stakeholders to see and commit to the way forward
- apply effective stakeholder engagement and robust governance so that project outputs meet needs, are wanted, endorsed, accepted and implemented.
TO FIND OUT MORE AND TO APPLY, VISIT OUR MAIN JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON JOBS.WA.GOV.AU