Analysts, Senior Analysts and Assistant Directors – various branches
- Parliamentary Service Level 5/6, Parliamentary Executive Level 1
- Full-time ongoing
- Parliament House, Canberra
- $83,279 to $135,155 per annum + attractive employer superannuation
About the Parliamentary Budget Office
The Parliamentary Budget Office (PBO) supports the Parliament by providing independent, authoritative and non-partisan analysis of budgetary issues and the fiscal cost of policy proposals. Considering the current fiscal situation, the PBO is in a unique position to support the Parliament and general public at this critical time through analysis that is timely and relevant. The PBO’s role comprises three main elements, which are to:
- enable fiscal impacts to be considered during policy development by providing policy costing and budget analysis services to all parliamentarians
- improve public understanding of budget and fiscal policy issues by conducting and publishing research in these areas
- enhance transparency around election commitments by preparing a report on the budget impacts of the election commitments of parliamentary parties after each general election.
About the roles
The PBO is seeking staff to help us support the 47th Parliament through:
- preparing information and budget analysis for parliamentarians on matters related to revenue, expenditure, and financing proposals
- producing and maintaining a suite of products to improve understanding of fiscal and budget policy issues and to increase the accessibility of budget information
- delivering research reports.
The PBO works in an agile and flexible way, and successful applicants can expect a mix of costings and research work along with contributing to model enhancement and capability building. All staff also contribute to effective external engagement activities such as a range of seminars and briefings for parliamentarians and their staff.
There are also regular opportunities to work on organisation-wide projects that allow staff to contribute to and lead organisational change and have significant exposure to the PBO’s Executive and agency head. Around each general election, the whole of the PBO works to deliver the report of election commitments.
Cameron Chisholm, Director
Phone: (02) 6277 9557
For further information, duties and how to apply, go to the PBO’s recruitment page at https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Employment/Parliamentary_Budget_Office
Applications close Sunday 5 February 11.30pm AEDT